**SWIM CLINICS MOVED TO GRAY EAGLE**
Registration closes Friday, July 3
- Think swim team, but in small groups of 3-5 swimmers.
- There will be both regular swim practice components and stroke work.
- Coaches will be on deck; so only kids age 7+ who can swim the full length of the pool are eligible.
- We are organizing in small groups and plan to keep swimmers at a safe distance from each other as best as possible during our activities.
- Please remind kids that the goal is to be fun and they have to do their best to remember to spread out.
- Parents may watch from outside the fence, but during clinics, only swimmers allowed on deck. There will be some instruction done both in and out of the water.
- Only for bathroom purposes.
- Please plan to come to the pool and leave the pool in your swimsuit.
SUMMER BREAK SWIM TEAM 2020
Swim Team is one of our favorite things at Summer Break. However, do to the COVID-19 pandemic, there will not be a Swim Team this season.
Our coaches are looking forward to swim clinics offered in July. More information is about the swim clinics is coming soon!
IMPORTANT SWIM TEAM INFORMATION
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE SWIM TEAM HANDBOOK: SUMMER BREAK SWIM TEAM HANDBOOK
SUMMER BREAK SWIM TEAK COACHING STAFF
HEAD COACH: GARLAND WILSON – PHONE: 317/363-8595 EMAIL: OWILSON33@MSN.COM
ASSISTANT COACH: ANNA MEYER
PARENT VOLUNTEER: JIM ZIINO EMAIL: ZIINOJAMES@GMAIL.COM
ADDITIONAL CONTACT: SBSCSWIMTEAM@GMAIL.COM
ABOUT THE TEAM
Consisting of swimmers ages 4 to 14, the Summer Break Waves Swim Team led by Head Coach Garland Wilson provides a comprehensive swim program that lends to friendly competition within the Suburban Swim League. Enrollment for the swim team and the call out meeting will be held in the Spring of 2020, prior to Memorial Day. In addition to the Summer Break Waves, the Suburban Swim League consists of five additional swim clubs based out of Gray Eagle, Windermere, River Glen, Avalon, and Plum Creek.
During the month of June, a total of seven swim meets will be held within the Suburban Swim League. All meets will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 5:00 pm. Swimmers are expected to arrive at all home meets by 3:45 pm and 4:15 pm for meets hosted by our fellow league members. The season ends with an all day Invitational held at Hamilton South Eastern High School. A Summer Break Waves Swim Team banquet will be held to celebrate the accomplishments of our swimmers shortly after the conclusion of season.
The Summer Break Waves Swim Team is not exclusive to Summer Break members. For members, the first two children are $125.00 and $95.00 for each additional child. For non-members which are considered “Junior Members,” the first two children are $185.00 and $155.00 for each additional child. Team fees include a team t-shirt, latex cap, Invitational fee and Meet Central Fee. If interested in becoming Summer Break Waves Swim Team Member, please upload and complete the following SUMMER BREAK SWIM TEAM WAIVER.
Summer Break Wave’s parents are the key to having a successful swim team! It is essential that we have plenty of volunteers at our meets, both home and away. All parents are required to work a minimum of three (3) meets. If the volunteer requirements are not met, a $100.00 fee will be assessed. Additional information regarding the Volunteer Program can be found in the Summer Break Swim Team volunteer form.