Pool Rules Acknowledgement
Summer Break prides itself on providing a family friendly atmosphere where members can come and know that our certified lifeguards will maintain a safe and secure environment. In order to protect our members and staff alike, we REQUIRE that all members have read and are aware of our current pool rules. These rules have been established to assure safe and sanitary operation of our facility. Parents and/or care providers are requested to instruct children to observe all rules and obey instructions provided by lifeguards and staff. Acknowledgment of Pool Rules will be noted on the signature line of the Membership Form for 2021.
Summer Break Pool Rules 2021
General Pool Rules
- No Smoking
- No Glass Containers allowed inside the pool gate.
- No food/drink at water’s edge or in the water. Keep food near chairs, tables & concession area.
- All persons using pool and pool area do so at their own risk and sole responsibility.
- No one is allowed in the pool area unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- The baby pool is for children under 6 years of age and must be accompanied by someone age 16 or older.
- The shallow end of the pool is for parents with younger members and/or non-swimmers.
- No diving in water under 5 feet deep. Diving only allowed in diving board area.
- No floatation devices in the deep end (including rafts, puddle jumpers, arm bands, etc).
- Children in diapers must wear a swim diaper. Swim diapers are sold in concession.
- Only modest swimsuits may be worn. No street clothes in the pool.
- Showers must be taken before entering the pool.
- Persons having infectious diseases, open sores, bandages, cuts or recent vaccinations may not enter pool.
- Anyone who has had diarrhea in the past 2 weeks shall not use the pool.
- Inappropriate behavior including running, rough play, spitting, dunking, littering or foul language will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the pool. Parents will be contacted if behavior does not improve after issue is brought to an individual’s attention by a lifeguard or staff member.
- Lifeguard(s) or authorized personnel may close the pool because of weather or safety reasons and may remove any person as deemed necessary.
- Lifeguard has the final say in all pool activities.
- Inclimate weather policy:
- Rain must not be so heavy that lifeguards cannot see the bottom of the pool
- Thunder: 30 min delay of opening pool AFTER the most recently heard thunder. (May remain on pool grounds)
- Lightning: 1 hour delay of opening pool AFTER the most recently seen lightning. (Pool deck must be cleared)
Summer Break Policy/Procedures:
- Members under age 13 who have not passed a lifeguard administered swim test must be accompanied by a responsible guardian age 16 or older.
- Members ages 10, 11 and 12 who have passed a lifeguard administered swim test and have a parent signature on file may come to the pool by themselves.
- Adult swims are called the last 15 mins of the hour. Only adults age 18+ are allowed in the pool during adult swim.
- Only pool members can purchase guest passes and must accompany guests during their entire visit.
- Summer Break is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Diving Board Rules
- Jump or dive straight off the board.
- Only one bounce allowed.
- Only one person on the board at a time.
- Must wait for previous swimmer to get to the ladder before jumping off the board.
- No flips, cartwheels, etc.
- Nothing inward or backwards off the boards.
- No hanging from the board.
- Children must be able to go off the board alone (no floatation). Parents cannot catch children off the board.
Rock Wall Rules:
- All members received a copy of the rock wall waiver and agreed to the terms on their membership form.
- Any age member may go on the rock wall if they can swim unassisted across the deep end to the rock wall.
- Line is in front of the guard chair. Must be touching the wall.
- One at a time on the rock wall.
- Exit the water from the ladder closest to the rock wall.
- Feet are not allowed to go to the highest rung of rock wall.
- Do not lean over top of the rock wall.
- Jump off the rock wall feet first (no flipping off the wall).
- Rock wall & diving board may not be used at the same time. No wall during free swim. Lifeguards regulate this.
- Must start to climb the wall from in the water (not from the edge of the pool).
- Do not put feel on top footholds or hang over the top.
- No one can climb on the rock wall wearing floatation devices or jump off the wall onto floatation.
Unaccompanied members and/or their guests age 10, 11 & 12 must pass an annual swim test administered by a designated lifeguard and must have a swim release signed by the parent on file.