Pool Rules Acknowledgement
Summer Break prides itself on providing a family friendly atmosphere where members can come and know that our certified lifeguards will maintain a safe and secure environment. In order to protect our members and staff alike, we REQUIRE that all members have read and are aware of our current pool rules. These rules have been established to assure safe and sanitary operation of our facility. Parents and/or care providers are requested to instruct children to observe all rules and obey instructions provided by lifeguards and staff. Acknowledgment of Pool Rules will be noted on the signature line of the Membership Form for 2022.
Summer Break Pool Rules 2022
General Pool Rules
- No Smoking
- No Glass Containers allowed inside the pool gate.
- No food/drink at water’s edge or in the water. Keep food near chairs, tables & concession area.
- All persons using pool and pool area do so at their own risk and sole responsibility.
- No one is allowed in the pool area unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- The baby pool is for children under 6 years of age and must be accompanied by someone age 16 or older.
- The shallow end of the pool is for parents with younger members and/or non-swimmers.
- No diving in water under 5 feet deep. Diving only allowed in diving board area.
- No floatation devices in the deep end (including rafts, puddle jumpers, arm bands, etc). Must be able to swim without any assistance to be in the deep end.
- Only personal sized floats allowed in the main part of the pool to allow for lifeguard visibility. Ie: Pool Noodle
- Children in diapers must wear a swim diaper. Swim diapers are sold in concession.
- Only modest swimsuits may be worn. No street clothes in the pool.
- Showers must be taken before entering the pool.
- Persons having infectious diseases, open sores, bandages, cuts or recent vaccinations may not enter pool.
- Anyone who has had diarrhea in the past 2 weeks shall not use the pool.
- Inappropriate behavior including running, rough play, spitting, dunking, littering or foul language will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the pool. Parents will be contacted if behavior does not improve after the issue is brought to an individual’s attention by a lifeguard or staff member.
- Lifeguard(s) or authorized personnel may close the pool because of weather or safety reasons and may remove any person as deemed necessary.
- Lifeguards have the final say in all pool activities.
- Inclimate weather policy: 1) Rain must not be so heavy that lifeguards cannot see the bottom of the pool
2) Thunder: 30 min delay of opening pool AFTER the most recently heard thunder. (May remain on pool grounds)
3) Lightning: 1 hour delay of opening pool AFTER the most recently seen lightning. (Pool deck must be cleared)
Summer Break Policy/Procedures:
- Members under age 13 who have not passed a lifeguard administered swim test must be accompanied by a responsible guardian age 16 or older.
- Members ages 10, 11 and 12 who have passed a lifeguard administered swim test and have a parent signature on file may come to the pool by themselves.
- Adult swims are called the last 15 mins of the hour. Only adults age 18+ are allowed in the pool during adult swim.
- Only pool members can purchase guest passes and must accompany guests during their entire visit.
- Summer Break is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Diving Board Rules
- Jump or dive straight off the board.
- Only one bounce allowed.
- Only one person on the board at a time.
- Must wait for previous swimmer to get to the ladder before jumping off the board.
- No flips, cartwheels, etc.
- Nothing inward or backwards off the boards.
- No hanging from the board.
- Children must be able to go off the board alone (no floatation). Parents cannot catch children off the board.
Rock Wall Rules:
- All members received a copy of the rock wall waiver and agreed to the terms on their membership form.
- Any age member may go on the rock wall if they can swim unassisted across the deep end to the rock wall.
- Line is in front of the guard chair. Must be touching the wall.
- One at a time on the rock wall.
- Exit the water from the ladder closest to the rock wall.
- Feet are not allowed to go to the highest rung of rock wall.
- Do not lean over top of the rock wall.
- Jump off the rock wall feet first (no flipping off the wall).
- Rock wall & diving board may not be used at the same time. No wall during free swim. Lifeguards regulate this.
- Must start to climb the wall from in the water (not from the edge of the pool).
- Do not put feel on top footholds or hang over the top.
- No one can climb on the rock wall wearing floatation devices or jump off the wall onto floatation.
Summer Break Rock Climbing Wall Release and Waiver 2022
Everyone listed on my Family Membership with Summer Break Swim Club, understands and agrees to the following terms contained in this instrument (“Release”), which include that my use and/or my children’s use of a certain rock climbing wall (“Wall”) within Summer Break Swim Club (“Summer Break”), located at the address commonly known as 8376 E 141st Street, Fishers, Indiana, or will expose me and/or my children to risk of injury or harm. Such risk includes, but is not limited to, injury from falling off the wall, injury from colliding against the Wall, and drowning.
Parent understands and agrees that rock climbing can be hazardous and/or involve hazardous conditions and may result in injury to Parent and/or Parent’s children, particularly given that the Wall is adjacent to the Summer Break pool and is designed for users to move from the designated portion of the Wall directly into the Summer Break pool without the use or availability of a harness or other rock climbing accessories. No form of preplanning can remove all dangers to which Parent and/or Parent’s children are exposing themselves through their use of the Wall.
By signing this Release, Parent represents that Parent is over eighteen (18) years of age, is fully competent, has no health or physical problems that will interfere with his/her use of the Wall, that his/her children that may use the Wall only if they pass the lifeguard administered swim test (swim unassisted across deep end to the Wall at Summer Break) and have no health or physical problems that will interfere with their use of the Wall, and executes this Release for full, adequate, and complete consideration with full intention to be bound by this Release and for Parent’s children to be bound by this Release for the entire 2021 pool season.
By signing this Release, Parent understands and agrees/represents that Parent:
- is fully responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of Parent’s children while using the Wall, regardless of the presence of lifeguard(s);
- is fully responsible for becoming familiar with any and all rules and regulations concerning the use of the Wall and shall not violate any of said rules and regulations, in addition to any instruction made by Summer Break personnel with respect to the use of the Wall or the Summer Break pool;
- has been advised to obtain adequate health and accident insurance to cover any personal injury to Parent or Parent’s children, which may be sustained during the use of the Wall;
- fully assumes all risks associated with Parent’s or Parent’s children’s use of the Wall;
- is fully responsible for any loss, damage, or injury which may occur to Parent or Parent’s children, as a result of Parent’s or Parent’s children’s use of the Wall;
- in consideration for using the Wall, hereby releases, waives, discharges, and covenants not to sue Summer Break LLC or Pyle Pools, Inc. a/k/a Pyle’s Pools, their principals, agents, representatives, affiliates, managers, officers, members, directors, employees, lifeguards, other volunteers, and successors and assigns (collectively “Releasees”) for/from any liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, costs, damage, or injury that may be sustained by Parent or Parent’s children, whether caused by Releasees’ negligence or otherwise; and
- has had the opportunity to inspect the Wall prior to using the Wall and/or prior to Parent’s children using the Wall;
By signing this Release, Parent agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorneys’ fees, that may be incurred by any and all third parties, related to Parent’s use or Parent’s children’s use of the Wall, whether caused by negligence of Releasees or otherwise.
By signing this Release, Parent expressly intends that this Release shall bind Parent’s and Parent’s children’s heirs, assigns, and personal representatives, and shall be deemed to be a release, waiver, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Releasees. Parent agrees that this Release shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana.
By signing this Release, Parent acknowledges and represents that Parent has read everything herein, understands all terms contained herein, and signs this Release voluntarily as Parent’s own free act and deed on Parent’s behalf and on behalf of Parent’s children that may use the Wall. No oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
COVID-19 Liability Waiver 2022
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) a worldwide pandemic. Due to its capacity to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets, the government has set recommendations, guidelines, and some prohibitions which Pyles Pools Inc. and Summer Break Swim Club LLC adheres to comply. We ask that if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been a close contact of someone with COVID-19, that you not come to Summer Break Swim Club until you have met the quarantine standards set by the CDC. We will not be doing daily screenings before entry or doing contact tracing. We expect families to do daily screenings before pool entry.
I, and members of my household agree not to come to the pool if any of the following has occurred:*
- I, or members of my household, have experienced any of the symptoms listed below and/or been diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the last 10 days.
- I, or members of my household, believe we have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the last 10 days.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include, but are not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- I am fully and personally responsible for my own safety and that of all family members listed on my Membership Form and my guests and actions while and during my participation and I recognize that we may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, discharge Pyles Pools Inc. and Summer Break Swim Club LLC, its employees, independent contractors, affiliates, representatives, successors, and assigns from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the premises or while using the facilities that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Pyles Pools Inc. and Summer Break Swim Club LLC from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the released party due to injury, loss, or death from or related to COVID-19.
- By signing below I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing Liability Release Waiver and understand its contents; that I am at least eighteen (18) years old and fully competent to give my consent; That I have been sufficiently informed of the risks involved and give my voluntary consent in signing it as my own free act and deed; that I give my voluntary consent in signing this Liability Release Waiver as my own free act and deed with full intention to be bound by the same, and free from any inducement or representation. I am signing as the primary member on the Membership and also signing on behalf of all other Members listed on my membership form.This waiver will remain effective until laws and mandates relevant to COVID-19 are lifted.
Unaccompanied members and/or their guests age 10, 11 & 12 must pass an annual swim test administered by a designated lifeguard and must have a swim release signed by the parent on file.