Pool Rules Acknowledgement
Summer Break prides itself on providing a family friendly atmosphere where members can come and know that our certified lifeguards will maintain a safe and secure environment. In order to protect our members and staff alike, we REQUIRE that all members have read and are aware of our current pool rules. The following link will allow access to the latest version of the pool rules for 2020: SUMMER BREAK POOL RULES. These rules have been established to assure safe and sanitary operation of our facility. Parents and/or care providers are requested to instruct children to observe all rules and obey instructions provided by lifeguards and staff. Acknowledgment of Pool Rules will be noted on the signature line of the Membership Form for 2020.
Unaccompanied members and/or their guests age 10, 11 & 12 must pass an annual swim test administered by a designated lifeguard and must have a swim release signed by the parent on file.
- No Smoking
- No Glass Containers allowed inside pool gate per Indiana State Department of Health.
- No food/drink at water’s edge or in water. Keep food near chairs, tables & concession area.
- All persons using the pool and pool area do so at their own risk and sole responsibility.
- No one is allowed in the pool area unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- The baby pool is reserved for children under six (6) years of age and must be accompanied by a responsible adult at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- The shallow end of the pool is for parents with younger members and/or non-swimmers.
- No diving in water under 5 feet deep (areas are marked accordingly at the facility).
- No floatation devices (excluding puddle jumpers, arm bands, and life vests)
- Children in diapers must wear swim diapers. Swim diapers are sold in concession.
- Only modest swimsuits may be worn. No street clothes in the pool.
- Showers must be taken before entering the pool.
- Persons having infectious diseases, open sores, bandages, cuts or recent vaccinations must not enter the pool area.
- Anyone who has had diarrhea in the past 2 weeks shall not use the pool.
- Inappropriate behavior including running, rough play, spitting, dunking, littering, or using foul language will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the pool. Parents will be contacted if the behavior does not improve after behavior has been brought to patrons attention.
- Lifeguards(s) or authorized personnel may close the pool because of weather or safety reasons and may remove any person as deemed necessary.
- Lifeguard has the final say in all pool activities.
Summer Break Policy/Procedures:
- Members under the age of 13 who have NOT passed a lifeguard administered swim test must be accompanied by a responsible guardian age 16 or older.
- Members ages 10, 11, and 12 that have passed a lifeguard administered swim test and have a parent signature on file may come to the pool by themselves.
- Adult swims are called at the end of each hour for 15 minutes. Only adults age 18 years or older are permitted in the pool during adult swim.
- Only pool members can purchase guest passes. Guests must be accompanied by a pool member to gain access to the pool area.
- Summer Break is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Diving Board Rules:
- Jump or dive straight off of the board.
- Only one bounce allowed.
- Only one person on the board at a time.
- Must wait for previous swimmer to get to the pool ladder before jumping off the board.
- No flips, cartwheels, etc.
- Nothing inward or backwards off the boards.
- No hanging from the board.
- Children must be able to go off of the board alone (no flotation devices). Parents are no permitted to catch children off of the board.
Pool Closure Rules:
- The pool will remain closed until the outdoor temperature reaches 70 degrees.
- The pool will close for one hour if lightening is present. All pool guests (including staff) are required to exit the pool and deck area. Each time a lightening strike happens, the hour closure will start over.
- The pool will close for thirty (30) minutes if thunder is heard. All guests are required to exit the pool. Each time thunder is heard, the thirty minutes closer will start over.
- The pool will close at 3:00 p.m. when Summer Break hosts a swim meet. Please see swim meet schedule for early closure dates.